Every once in a while you'll notice a blemish appear on your face. The first thing you probably want to do is get rid of it. However, there is a natural cycle of healing blemishes and if you irritate it and try to pop it before it's ready, you'll only cause the bacteria to spread into more blemishes, trust me I know. The best thing to do is let it be, avoid touching it, and keeping your face clean. Once a blemish goes through its cycle follow these simple steps...
How To Extract A Blemish...
1. Cleanse your face and hands.
2. Soak a wash cloth in hot water and apply it to the blemish using gentle, circular motions. The steam and heat will help draw out the bacteria and open the pores.
3. If a whitehead is visible, use two cotton pads or tissues and wrap them around your fingers. With gentle pressure push around the blemish until the excess is extracted.
4. Wipe off with a clean tissue.
5. Apply an astringent, such as witch hazel, to remove the bacteria and reduce the appearance of redness.
6. Apply an acne treatment mask to further reduce the appearance of the blemish.
7. While it's tempting to inspect your whole face, stick to only one blemish at a time and only when ready.
For more severe cases, we recommend visiting an esthetician for a facial for a deep cleansing. It's important to remember that although getting blemishes is not ideal, everyone gets them. And if you treat your skin properly, the blemishes will go away more quickly than if you pick at them.